As expected, the WWDC was full of exciting news about the iPhone and its 3.0 software. The new iPhone 3G-S boasts many new features, including:
- A faster processor that will launch most apps and load web pages much faster than the previously 3G model. It also features more storage capacity, up to 32GB.
- Shoot, edit, and share video right on the iPhone, including the ability to email the video and/or post it to the internet.
- A new 3-megapixel camera (up from 2 megapixels) that has built-in autofocus, which allows you to focus on anything by simply tapping on it.
- Built-in voice control now allows you to start calls, find songs, and locate other information on the iPhone using only your voice.
- Cut, copy, and paste items between applications and from the internet.
- Rotate the iPhone and type on a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.
- Search all your contacts, email, calendars, notes, and iPod from one convenient place using Spotlight.
- Record your own voice or any audio with the new Voice Memos application.
- Internet tethering will soon allow you to share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your laptop computer.