It isn’t surprising to hear that the iPhone is increasingly becoming the "smartphone" of choice for savvy attorneys, even in larger firms. The ABA Journal recently published an article which analyzed some of the advantages offered by each device.
Some prefer the iPhone because:
- big screen and slick interface
- fantastic web browser
- excels at instant messaging, SMS [short message services], and social networking sites
- easily access firm networks
- described as a phone with e-mail added to it
Others prefer the BlackBerry because:
- allows searching email and cut and paste
- enables syncing subfolders and setting priority when sending messages
- greater e-mail capabilities
- runs on LotusNotes
- described as an e-mail device with a phone added on
Source: "Some Big Firm Lawyers Give Up BlackBerrys for iPhones" by Debra Cassens Weiss, published at the ABA Journal.