I’ve been teaching Lawyers and their staff how to use Daylite for seven years, and it just keeps getting better and better. I teach my clients to make Daylite their steel trap. Everything goes into Daylite, including their own personal lives, and their entire business is coordinated and conducted out of Daylite.
I really don't know of anything out there that can tie in everything like Daylite does in a multi-user environment at Daylite's price point on the Mac platform. Trust me, I have looked; I suffer from NGA (next greatest app disease) myself. And of course, Apple's App store in iTunes isn't helping me any with that. But as hard as I've searched, I still haven't found anything that can compete with Daylite. I've even found a way to follow David Allen's GTD "Getting Things Done" in Daylite.
Daylite is like origami.
What I do know is that Daylite is daunting for some folks, and I completely understand. Think of a blank piece of paper. What do you do with it? Well, it depends who you give it to. If you give it to most people they won't know what to do with it, they will "draw a blank". If you give it to someone who makes Origami, you are going to get a beautiful piece of art back. It's the same sheet of paper. You just have to know where to make the folds. Daylite is a lot like that. If you give it to me or another Daylite Partner, we know where to put the data so that you can get it out again in a useful manner.
Of course, I'll be the first to admit that I am completely biased. In addition to teaching people how to use Daylite, I've actually been using Daylite in my own business for seven years. It is because of Daylite that my business has changed to what it is today. I used to go out and do general Mac tech support onsite with clients. Daylite helped me to see where most of my income was coming from and so in January of last year I started to shift my business focus to nothing but Daylite.
Now I rarely see my clients but I am so much more involved with them. Today I don't just help their Macs work when they are broken. Today I help them analyze what their long-term business goals are and then I teach them how to achieve those goals using Daylite as a platform. It's a whole new world thanks to Daylite and remote screen sharing technology. The demand was so great for my time that I started doing webinars for people. This saved them money too. Also realizing that not everyone could afford a specialist like myself I started selling the videos to people around the world who could not attend my live webinars. And who knows where Daylite will take me in the future.
But I digress; we're here to talk about Daylite in your environment, the law office. I think you have heard enough from me. You should hear from some of my clients. They seem to like the following features the most: Case Management, Office Scheduling, and Task Management & Delegation.
- Robert had used Daylite before but not had great support. Now after watching one of my training videos he learned some great tips for setting it up in a law office. Read his review here.
- John, a new solo practice lawyer, was ready to give up on Daylite, he was so frustrated, before finding MacAngel. Now he feels completely comfortable with it. Read his review here.
- David had been using Amicus and then Lexis Practice Management before Daylite. Now he says that Daylite has made things a lot easier to accomplish and keep track of for his 4-person law firm. Read his review here.
- Myrlys, a tech-savy attorney, was using a hodgepodge of different applications before using Daylite. Now Daylite is the heartbeat of their 8-person firm. Read her review here.
- Jim had out-grown Now Up to Date and Now Contact in his 8 person firm. Now they use Daylite for everything except billing and book-keeping. Read his review here.
I could write a book of tips on Daylite, and maybe I will someday. But for now here is a link to a trailer of our recent Daylite in the Law Office Webinar. It just might make you fall in love with Daylite again… I look forward to helping you make your Daylite Shine!
Since leaving Apple in 2002 to become a Macintosh Consultant, Marni "The MacAngel" has helped more than 700+ clients worldwide, thanks to working closely with Apple Stores, Apple's Small & Medium Business Group, & MarketCircle. She is currently an Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator & a Master Certified Daylite Partner. MacAngel provides customization, implementation and training for companies and people on how to use Daylite to manage their businesses and their lives at the same time.