Several months ago, noted tech enthusiast Chris Pirillo made the switch from Windows to Mac. As part of the process, he published a list of 50 reasons for people to join him in making this move. A few of Chris’ best reasons are:
- Excellent power management in OS X
- OS X is noticeably more stable than Windows Vista
- More interesting, useful, beautiful, and affordable software being developed for OS X
- Macs make it possible to have every operating system at my fingertips
- No stress in installing / uninstalling most programs
- Spyware / malware / virus threat is diminished by an extreme degree
- Time Machine — Wow
- Never need to defrag a Mac’s hard disk
- Joining wireless networks in OS X is easier and more refined
- Deleted files can easily be securely erased in OS X
- Macs cost about the same as a comparable Windows PC for hardware and bundled software
- Mail comes with “Data Detectors” which enable you to productively use that information
- Preview is no joke – with annotations, basic image editing, zooming and scrolling, etc.
- Help is the way Help should have always been all along
- Windows users need Apple’s software more than Mac users need Microsoft’s
However, I urge you to click HERE to read his entire list, whether you have already made the switch or not. If you haven’t, these reasons might be the final push that you need to convince you to do so. If you already have, they will remind you of how much better off you really are.
Source: "50 Reasons to Switch from Microsoft Windows to Apple’s Mac OS X" by Chris Pirillo, published at his blog.