It might sound a bit odd to hear that I have been following the Mac Law Students blog for quite some time. Erik Schmidt has done a great job posting timely, helpful information on this blog.
A recent post took a close look at Mac’s OS X 10.5 (Leopard), with an emphasis on which functions are expected to be most helpful for law students. However, I believe that most of the functions he lists will also be helpful to practicing attorneys.
Some of the highlights listed in that post are:
- PDF annotation and markup capabilities included in Preview
- Virtual desktops offered in Spaces
- Fast review of *.pdf documents via Quick Look
- Improved iCal functions and features
- To-do lists included as part of Mail
I encourage you to visit the post to get much more insight into these new features and how they might benefit your practice.
Source: "Leopard for Law Students" by Erik Schmidt, published at the Mac Law Students blog.