Fellow attorney, blogger, and Mac enthusiast Grant Griffiths has posted two articles touting the security offered by Macs:
- “114,000 Virus: Not on a Mac” posted at FutureLawyer
- “Why Macs Are More Secure” posted at the Home Office Lawyer
In these articles, Grant highlights the following key factors:
- Mac OS X has a superior UNIX foundation and security features that go above and beyond the norm for PCs.
- He does not run a virus program on his Macs, and he has never had a virus.
- Dialog boxes alert you whenever you even download a file that could contain or conceal executable code (that is, a program, as opposed to a document).
- You can opt to make your Mac invisible to ‘pings’ from the Internet, a common tactic of spammers who are looking for available machines to turn into spam relay stations.